what personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
We collect information you provide directly to us. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide.
when do we collect information?
We collect information when you subscribe to an email list, sign up for coaching services, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
how do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our emails, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
● Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
● Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
● Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
● Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
● Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
● Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
● Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
● Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
how do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL)
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) establishes rules for the sending of commercial electronic messages (CEMs) and the installation of computer programs. CASL also protects consumers and businesses from the misuse of digital technology, including spam and other electronic threats.
We collect your email address in order to market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
do we use "cookies"?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
personal information protection and electronic documents act
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is a Canadian law relating to data privacy. It governs how private sector organizations collect, use and disclose personal information in the course of commercial business. In addition, PIPEDA contains various provisions to facilitate the use of electronic documents.
According to PIPEDA, we agree to the following:
● Obtain consent when we collect, use or disclose your personal information
● Supply an individual with a product or service even if they refuse consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information unless that information is essential to the transaction
● Collect information by fair and lawful means
● Have personal information policies that are clear, understandable and readily available
Last Updated on 12/10/2019