COVID-19: Affirmations to Ease Your Mind
We’re in a very interesting time right now. It’s no doubt that the past few weeks have been scary and shocking, with things changing by the day. As a lot of us have never experienced anything like this before, it can definitely take a toll on our health and wellbeing.
It’s easy to feel like we’re alone, that we have nothing to give or that we’ve lost our purpose.
Although we are confined to our homes, there is a sense of community and belonging that is both eerie and beautiful at the same time. While it’s not always easy, we have to remember to stay positive during this time and make the most of the days we have right now,
Staying optimistic in a time like this is definitely challenging and may come easier to some than others. If you’re struggling with thinking positively or dealing with mixed, confusing feelings; repeating affirmations could help with your thought process.
Below you will find 20 affirmations that will hopefully give you peace in this strange time we are in. Read and repeat them to yourself as many times until you feel okay. Remember, affirmations don’t work like magic. You won’t see change overnight, but day by day, you’ll begin to see some progress.
- I’m allowed to feel anxious during this time of uncertainty
- It’s okay to take breaks when working from home
- I don’t have to be productive to be worthy
- I can spend time alone if I live with other people
- I am allowed to take breaks from watching/reading the news
- I’m allowed to rest
- My feelings are real and valid
- This situation is making me a stronger and braver human being
- I am not alone
- I will take one day at a time
- Being is just as valuable as doing
- My worth is determined by who I am, not by what I do
- I am grateful for all that I have
- I’m allowed to have a bad day
- I am in charge of how I react to things
- I’m blessed to have a place to live, food in my belly and air in my lungs
- I control my thoughts and feelings
- I will make today great
- I am strong and powerful
- Everything will be okay